INSURANCE LEAK DETECTION CLAIM
Our thorough leak detection services help put you at ease when dealing with a burst pipe. We know that the anxiety of suffering from a burst pipe in the home, apartment or building that is hidden or concealed in walls, floors, underground or inside ceiling spaces can be a nightmare to deal with. Not knowing how to deal with such a leak can also be stressful, but be rest assured that Drainmen Services are here to help with our leak detection services.
Not only are we able to exploit the use of modern day methods to trace the origin of the leak, we can provide qualified interpretation of your insurance policy if this can be claimed back from your insurer.
Without Drainmen’s leak detection services, you may run the risk of having partial cover for a leak and not being able to claim your full entitlement. Part of our leak detection services is also managing your insurance claim from locating the leak, carrying out the emergency repairs, and ensuring that the relevant reports and compiled and received by the Insurers to ensure full reinstatement of your property.
In addition, we incorporate various methods of locating leaks both on pressure pipe lines and non-pressure pipe systems. Our first port of call however is to always allow one of our skilled plumbers to conduct a site inspection in order to determine what the next viable step is.
Drainmen Services have both the necessary equipment and experience in order to locate, find and repair any leak on any make of pipe and/or fitting. You can be confident with Drainmen Plumbers on the job we leave nothing to chance and will provide the necessary professional leak detection and repair service you deserve.
Water Leak facts
- A 4mm hole in a metal pipe, at 275 k.p.a, leaks 9463.52 litres of water in 24 hours.
- A leak the size of a pinhead can waste 31362748.24 litres per year, enough to fill 12,000 bathtubs to the overflow mark.
- A leaking toilet can use 340687.06 litres of water in 30 days.
- A dripping tap can lose up to 681.37 litres in a month or 8176.48 litres per year.
- Approximately 1 in every 20 pools has a leak.
- Approximately 1 in every 318 homes or buildings has a leak.
- A typical toilet leak at today’s rate can add R500.00 to a single water bill.
- One trip through a car wash uses 567 litres of drinking water.
- Collecting water for gardening from the tap while waiting for hot water saves about 946.35 litres of water a month.
- Using a broom to clean the driveway instead of a hose saves 567.81 liters of water.
- Using a pool cover prevents about 3785.411 litres per month from evaporating
SIGNS OF LEAKS
- You can hear the continuous sound of water (like a toilet running) when nothing is turned on.
- Your water meter reading changes when you are not using any water. (Mark the indicator on your meter; don’t use any water for an hour; then check the meter. If the indicator moved, you may have a leak.)
- Your water bill escalates over a period of weeks or months. (Compare your bills month to month.)
- Your walls or floors have wet, spongy, moist or discoloured areas when nothing has been spilled.
- You can smell foul odours coming from floors or walls near drains or sewers.
- Your building foundation cracks, vegetation grows unevenly, or earth shifts for no apparent reason.
- You find warm spots on your floor, particularly on concrete slab floors.
- You may notice rising damp from any area inside or outside your home
- Hot spots on floor areas of your home could mean a hot water leaking pipe
- Look out for excessive leaks/ drips or discharge near your gutter areas as this could be a leaking overflow pipe from the hot water cylinder which protrudes through to the gutter.
POOL, JACUZZI, SPA LEAKS
- You lose 4mm” of water or more in 24 hours. Perform a Bucket Test. Evaporation rates vary per area. Call your local Smart Leak Detection office for details.
- You find algae forming too soon after a chemical treatment.
- You find loose or falling tiles or pool deck cracks. (All are signs that the surrounding ground is being compromised by water.)
- Your pool/spa has settled into the ground or cracks and gaps appear in the pool shell or concrete deck.
- You find standing water, mushy spots, or uneven grass growth around the pool/spa area.
- Your automatic filler is continually releasing water.
STOP the leaks now, CONTACT US for a prompt response 24 / 7
PIPE LINE LOCATING
We understand the importance of finding pipes prior the undertaking of construction activities, in order to prevent any risks and unnecessary damage to property. Our dedicated teams will provide you with the locations of your pipework whether in the ground in inside walls to ensure the safety and integrity of your site.