COMMERCIAL, MARINE & INDUSTRIAL PLUMBING & DRAINAGE WORK:
There are realistically, few professional plumbing and drainage contractors and companies in South Africa truly fitted out to conduct more than domestic plumbing and drainage work. Drainmen Services over the past 24 years have invested heavily to ensure that we have whatever is necessary to conduct Commercial, Marine and Industrial Plumbing & Drainage work. (not limited)
Not only do we have all the equipment and machinery to conduct this ‘heavy work’ but more importantly have the knowledge and the skill developed over more than 24 years and over a 100 years combined and collective experience. Whether your project work is off shore or in land, we are able to cater for all your needs in this market sector.
Drainmen Services have carried out more than 500 inductions since inception on oil rigs, ships, cargo vessels, various ports, tugging vessels, commercial fishing vessels and with the majority of the S.A industry leaders including petroleum companies, oil companies, large food handling and logistic companies, chain store groups, engineering groups and many others.
Project Management also ensures that the work is carried out from start to finish in a professional and timeous way. Any extra work assigned is also taken with ease due to the versatility of our structure and implementation between Operations Managers and Project Management thus being able to fulfill all your needs.
In addition to the ability of being able to carry out such plumbing and drainage projects, we have a vast amount of National suppliers which are 24 hours thus recognizing our need to service our clients requests with whatever industrial materials or consumables are needed. Our 24 hour rotational teams and the clear communication of hand over also creates a streamline way of conducting our business.
Drainmen Services have not only qualified personal to operate the necessary machinery and equipment for just the plumbing and drainage sector but also have employed full time experienced coded welders for various forms of steel work including, mild steel, aluminium, stainless steel, galvanized, cast iron, zinc, brass, carbon, copper brazing etc,,Some of our specialties in terms of welding of pipework, boilers, struts and most other engineering services include but is not limited to :
• Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) – also known as “stick welding”, uses an electrode that has flux, the protectant for the puddle, around it. The electrode holder holds the electrode as it slowly melts away. Slag protects the weld puddle from the outside world.
• Gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW) – also known as TIG (tungsten, inert gas), uses a non-consumable tungsten electrode to produce the weld. The weld area is protected from atmospheric contamination by an inert shielding gas such as Argon or Helium.
• Gas metal arc welding (GMAW) – commonly termed MIG (metal, inert gas), uses a wire feeding gun that feeds wire at an adjustable speed and sprays an argon-based shielding gas or a mix of argon and carbon dioxide(CO2) over the weld puddle to protect it from the outside world.
• Flux-cored arc welding (FCAW) – almost identical to MIG welding except it uses a special tubular wire filled with flux; it can be used with or without shielding gas, depending on the filler.
• Electroslag welding (ESW) – a highly productive, single pass welding process for thicker materials between 1 inch (25 mm) and 12 inches (300 mm) in a vertical or close to vertical position.
SAFETY & RISK ASSESSMENTS
Safety and risk assessments change to suite certain commercial, marine and industrial services and maintenance projects. We have developed over the years many safety files which specifically cater for each respective projects from the word go !
Teams are all instructed with regards the necessary PPE equipment prior to any project being commenced thus ensuring that the safety needs are met all round. Due to our commercial and industrial staff being qualified coded welders (and fitter and turners / boiler makers) we leave nothing to chance when it comes to the final end product being delivered in a safe way.